Friday, January 14, 2011

Tribute to my girlfriends with non-human children.

This is going to be shortest entry EVER, but the brevity does not reflect lack of importance.

After welcoming 3 baby boys to this world in the past 4 months, I can now say that 99.9% of my close female friends have babies. This is fabulous! However, a few of the women in the random collection known as "Lana's ridiculous and lovable friends" have not made the leap to motherhood yet, and to them I would just like to say "THANK YOU FOR BEING SO PATIENT, SUPPORTIVE, PATIENT, POSITIVE, UM, AND DID I MENTION PATIENT?!!!!!"

Before I had a baby myself, or even a rotund cat named Francine who I treated like an infant, I appeared to be patient and positive on the surface when it came to planning even the most casual social gatherings around the variable nap schedules of my friends' children.
Usually my patience was sincere- because I may be biased, but my friends have the cutest children on the planet. BUT, underneath my pseudo-patient exterior was always a little Napoleon Dynamite, sighing in a very disgruntled fashion while considering the merits of a hysterectomy.

So I have continued to be amazed at my non-mommy friends and their ability to either MEAN it when they say "that's fine, just text me when Elliot wakes up and we'll meet up then", or just fake their patience really well.

THANK YOU LADIES! Your kindness will be paid back in full someday...i.e. when Elliot is old enough to care for YOUR babies, whatever species they may be. Note: Elliot's pet sitting specialties include ox-like dogs named Briley, and a multitude of opinionated and vocal cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment